AP has an entry level Buyer position on a temporary basis. This well-known medical facility is looking for individuals who have recent office experience, MSOffice skills and the ability to develop professional relationships and service levels with their customers. This position pays $20 hourly, is a standard schedule of Mon-Friday. After training is completed, you will work 3 days per week from home and 2 days in the office. This is a great opportunity to join a growing facility and enhance your skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains expertise for assigned sourcing commodities and territories.
- Researches marketplace and studies market trends to stay abreast of changes to supplier or product offerings.
- Ensures professional relationships are cultivated with customers and suppliers while maintaining the highest of ethical standards.
- Interviews and educates incumbent suppliers on accepted business practices prior to award of business to supplier.
- Ownership of supplier relations for assigned territories which includes but is not limited to ensuring supplier adherence to protocols, ethical standards, uninterrupted supply of inventory as ordered, etc.
- Obtains competitive bids, reviews and analyzes quotations, negotiates contracts, issues, monitors, and reconciles purchase orders and returns; confirms pricing, availability, and lead time in accordance with departmental standards.
- Upholds contract integrity by ensuring contracted pricing is consistently adhered to on purchase orders and invoices.
- Collaborates with Accounts Payable to ensure timely invoice reconciliation and supplier resolution.
- Reviews and approves invoices for payment.
- Responsible for annual expense reduction savings of $25,000.
- Territory responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Relationship building; customized business relationship based on customer feedback; ownership of all activities involved in ensuring exceptional service levels.
- Reviews all new product requests in accordance with department standards prior to order placement.
- Reviews open orders, communicates back orders to customers, closes open lines that are no longer valid, updates purchase orders for firm delivery dates ensuring communication trail is maintained within purchase order for tracking and follow up.
- Maintains contract integrity by ensuring that confirmed PO price and invoice price are in alignment with contracted pricing.
- Accurately and efficiently supports system maintenance by entering information into ERP following established protocol.
- Ensures pricing is correct versus contract, performs necessary analytics when different, works with sales rep, and when necessary communicates unresolved problems.
- Ensures invoice discrepancies are resolved timely according to established protocol.
- Reconciles all discrepant invoices with suppliers to ensure expenses are properly recorded.
- Communicates credit holds and ensures resolution with Accounts Payable.
- Maintains, or exceeds, standards of compliance for service and purchasing standards as measured on individual report card.
- Assists team members as necessary to ensure departmental coverage and support.
- Performs other related duties as necessary to support the department and organization
Bachelor's Degree preferred or relevant procurement experience