The Human Resources Business Partner will report to the Senior Manager for this leading Rochester manufacturing operation. The role will support the employees at all levels of the company with a customer service approach. The HRBP will be part of a small team that works collaboratively on recruitment, employee relations, and other human resources initiatives in a pro-active, solution driven manner. The ideal candidate will enjoy the opportunity to engage and influence others in the organization to achieve desired outcomes and mitigate risks.
- Provide guidance to employees and their supervisors to address problems and strive for solutions. This includes providing education regarding company policies, proposed actions including disciplinary steps as deemed necessary, and legal implications.
- Participates in the establishment of company policies and procedures as they relate to employment practices.
- Manages recruiting activities of assigned positions / departments within the company from start to finish. This includes determination of the tools used, ensuring a robust sourcing process, managing the interview and offer process, and the on-boarding of newly hired employees.
- Supports the performance management system and compensation administration program.
- Ensures fair and equitable pay processes.
- Manages benefit programs including leave of absence and other employee benefits.
- Manages HRIS and payroll function.
This position requires a bachelor's degree in human resources or other related field is preferred. Professional HR credentials are highly desired.
This position requires five years of human resources generalist level experience at a minimum. Prior exempt-level experience in human resources is preferred. Additionally, this position requires prior payroll experience and HRIS experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Able to effectively multi-task
- Possesses strong communication skills
- Demonstrates a pro-active approach to responsibilities
- Effective conflict resolution skills
- Has shown success driving towards solutions