One of Rochester's largest companies is looking to bolster their Internal Audit department! They are flexible, and considering candidates at both the Staff or Senior level. You will join a strong team of professionals who act as an objective assurance and advisory function for the organization. Hybrid schedule of 3 days onsite, 2 days remote each week. Solid benefits including annual bonus! This role does include a small amount of travel, including international.
Primary duties for the Senior level are shown below:
- Lead audit assignments, including planning, execution, and reporting
- Understand and evaluate company policies and procedures for compliance
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls
- Identify discrepancies, risks, and other problems; recommend appropriate corrective measures
- Obtain, analyze, and evaluate accounting documentation, reporting, data, flowcharts, etc.
- Review workpapers completed by staff auditors for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with auditing standards
- Provide feedback and guidance to staff auditors to improve the quality of their workpapers and audit procedures
- Prepare audit reports summarizing findings, recommendations, and management responses
- Communicate audit findings, recommendations, and status updates in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist with ad hoc projects and perform other duties as assigned
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders, including management, process owners, and external auditors