AP Professionals is working with a premier employer in Rochester / Western NY tthat provides a flexible- in-person, hybrid, remote - work setting and great growth opportunity. This is a perfect position for a manager level candidate seeking to leave public accounting for an industry role. This position manages the appropriate policies and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting, ensuring proper compliance with applicable regulations for internal and external purposes. This manager will be strategic in thought and actions to lead the Accounting and Financial Reporting teams toward “best in class” procedures and processes, ensuring that functional deliverables are achieved.
- Ensures the complete, accurate and timely processing of financial data and reporting for the Company and subsidiaries. Reviews internal and external monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports. Ensures all reporting deadlines are met and ongoing process improvement initiatives are realized. Directs the analysis of financial results, ensuring that senior management questions / inquiries are addressed in a timely manner.
- Ensures compliance with the Company’s existing financial policies and procedures; ensures that proper operational procedures, financial policies, and internal controls are followed. Drives the modification to policies and procedures as needed to ensure movement toward “best in class.”
- Works with the staff to execute special projects and the implementation of process improvements.
- Communicates and collaborates across the organization on enterprise-wide priorities and strategic initiatives.
- Fosters an environment that encourages the development of staff to ensure personal and professional growth and promotes strong morale, responsibility, collaboration, and success.
- Directs research of new accounting standards and technical issues analyzing their relevance and impact to the Company and subsidiaries.
- Acts as a liaison with external auditors and examiners.
- Maintains high regard for corporate privacy policies and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of all relevant legislative and regulatory mandates and ensures that all activities are compliant with these requirements.
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business at a minimum. CPA / MBA designations are strongly preferred.
This position requires a minimum of six (6) years of progressive experience in Finance, Accounting, Financial Systems Analysis, or related fields. This company prefers candidates who have had some experience within a Big 4 or large regional CPA firm. In addition, a minimum of four (4) years of management or related experience in the coordination of functional groups and/or project teams.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- High integrity and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to persuade, negotiate, and to influence others through effective communication channels and management skills.
- Ability to think strategically, craft a vision and develop robust operational action plans.
- Ability to increase effectiveness and confidence of employees through skill development, coaching, mentoring and feedback. Supports individual adaptation to change.
- Ability to manage processes, analyze information, develop standards, and manage performance.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; the flexibility to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to identify root causes of business and/or workflow problems and determine innovative solutions.
- Ability to make critical decisions that impact the department and the Company’s finances.
- Financial systems knowledge required.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.