Our client is a growing real estate investment company with a large portfolio of assets under management - both commercial and residential properties. With their business expansion, we have a great opportunity for a senior accountant. This is a new position and would report directly to the controller. The ideal candidate will have strong accounting skills as it relates to recording daily transactions and a good understanding of equity as that is key in the investment world. Analysis, organizational, and database / technology skills are critical for this position to be able to manage the assigned responsibilities. This is a role where the senior accountant will have high visibility and be interacting with executive leadership and investors regularly.
- General Accounting:
- Monthly bill payment
- Journal entries, account reconciliations, and variance analysis as required during the monthly close process.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for all entities.
- Investor Accounting / Reporting:
- Monthly input / management of the investment accounting tracker, by investor, that tracks all investor activities- capital additions, distributions, etc.
- Prepare monthly investor payments.
- Prepare and distribute monthly individual investor statements.
- Manage investor documents.
- Audit / Tax:
- Assist with all financial statement audits by preparing necessary schedules and being responsive to auditors during fieldwork.
- Provide information to tax accountants for year-end tax preparation.
- Assist with K-1 distributions to investors.
- Support controller to complete various monthly and quarterly reports, ad hoc analysis, property accounting, and other tasks as requested.
- Communicate with executives and investors, providing superior customer service and supporting their needs
- Provide input on process improvement and process documentation.
This position requires a degree in accounting or finance. It is critical for the success of the position for the senior accountant to have the proper foundation of accounting knowledge that supports the responsibilities of the role.
The senior accountant will have a minimum of 2 years of experience- preferably more- and with a blend of public accounting and industry (internal accounting) experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Leadership ability
- Above average communication skills- written and verbal. Comfortable speaking with investors regularly.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Able to meet high standards for accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills
- Responsive and nimble when juggling priorities.
- Can work in a team environment