AP Professionals of Rochester has partnered with a local manufacturing company in search of a senior Electro-Mechanical Controls Engineer. The Senior Engineer will take the lead on moderately complex projects aimed at enhancing Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) within our Finishing Manufacturing operations. Responsibilities include specifying and developing new manufacturing equipment, as well as designing improvements for existing equipment, with a particular emphasis on incorporating automation wherever feasible and beneficial.
- Take a leadership role or actively participate in design reviews.
- Contribute to significant capital projects by engaging in design reviews, offering enhancement suggestions, facilitating working sessions, and providing feedback to the project manager.
- Create User Requirement Specification (URS) documents for automated equipment.
- Assist Maintenance and Technicians in troubleshooting mechanical problems on existing automated equipment.
- Uphold FDA and cGMP compliance standards for oneself, the team, and vendors.
A Bachelor's or Master's degree in mechanical engineering or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
8-10 years of experience in a role involving automated manufacturing support or automation development.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- 8-10 years of experience in a role involving automated manufacturing support or automation development.
- Strong aptitude for both electrical and mechanical systems, with a proven track record in troubleshooting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a results-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the capacity to meet project deadlines.
- Prior experience working within an FDA-regulated Medical Device Manufacturing Facility, with a solid understanding of FDA and ISO regulations.
- Direct hands-on experience with motor drive systems, process control systems, manufacturing equipment, and vision systems.