Our client has an immediate opportunity to join an inclusive, collaborative, and people-oriented organization as a Technical Accounting Manager. This newly created role will support the financial budget process to provide insight across the organization using advanced analytical and quantitative discipline. You will lead as the subject matter technical expert in terms of the implementation of new accounting standards and regulatory changes. Additional responsibilities will also include design and implementation of internal controls to further enhance current documentation and processes in support of the growth of the company.
The ideal candidate will expand their competencies and grow their business and industry acumen, as well as demonstrate the ability to perform in a deadline driven environment. They will gain knowledge to suggest new answers to old questions, develop insights and set traditional boundaries of the planning process.
- 7+ years of experience in the accounting fields, with at least 4 years in external or internal audit
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and accounting pronouncements required.
- Excellent PC Skills (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.); Expert Excel formula and modeling skills
- Solid working knowledge of general ledger and financial planning systems; Prologue and Axiom knowledge is a plus.
- Self-start and work independently with limited direction and within a team.
- Proactive approach to problem solving, demonstrating critical thinking skills.
- Manage multiple concurrent deadlines and prioritize workload while balancing speed and accuracy.
- Work successfully in an ambiguous environment
- Build relationships with managers across the company to effectively coordinate and complete tasks in areas of responsibility.
- Proven ability to clearly and effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, functional and operational processes, policies, analysis and results.
- Demonstrated ability to research technical accounting policies and develop conclusions using discretion and judgment.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Certified internal auditor (CIA) preferred.
- Financial industry/banking experience preferred.
- Understanding of NCUA, SEC FINRA policies, procedures and regulation and their applicability preferred.
- Project management experience preferred.