The senior accountant will support the business operations through the accurate and timely recording of transactions and the preparation for internal and / or external financial reports. This is a large and highly-regarded enterprise in Rochester, NY that can provide a long-term growth opportunity for a motivated accountant looking to advance their career. The ideal candidate will have had some experience in assurance services in public accounting. The company supports remote and hybrid work options, but the senior accountant must reside within commuting distance of Rochester in order to attend team meetings.
• Prepares financial statements and required filings under the applicable regulations.
• Analyzes and prepare financial schedules, including worksheets, to support journal entries in a manner consistent with ensuring internal and external audit compliance i.e. appropriate documentation and back up.
• Maintains proper controls over the accounting activities and complies with internal corporate policies and procedures and external regulations.
• Provides periodic analyses and interpretation of financial statements and develops the appropriate data support.
• Interacts with other departments as required in the preparation of monthly internal financial reports, quarterly and annual reports and other regulatory agency reports
• Keeps current with relevant accounting pronouncements.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the company's mission and values.
This position requires a minimum of a bachelor's degree in accounting. CPA / MBA candidates will be given greater consideration.
This positoin requires a minimum of 4 years of experience in an accountingrelated role with direct experience with journal entries, account reconciliations, and account analysis.